Do Good Business. Every Day. Every Way.
Chances are you didn’t go into business to manage HR-related tasks. But we did. SDHRC removes the burden of these time-consuming and costly functions – and helps you refocus your energy on the areas where you are needed most.
Our comprehensive HR services provide you with the information you need to make your business run smoothly. We will look at and help you with all your personnel practices, procedures, forms, handbooks, and all other necessary employment materials.
Our complete, professional audits help you identify any problem areas to get all your practices and procedures up to speed with the latest legal requirements, including:
- Employee Handbook
- Legally Required Posters
- HR Policies and Procedures (hiring, training, termination etc.)
- Job Description Format (one of both an exempt and a non-exempt position)
- Review Employee Files (ensuring confidentiality is maintained according to state and federal laws).
- Employment Application Form
- Benefits plan descriptions (enrollment forms, Cal-Cobra process)
- Compensation review to ensure internal equity and competitive advantage.
- Reference Checking Form
- Personnel Action Form (a form that is used to provide to the appropriate departments information such as: new hires, changes in pay rate, position, information, separations, leaves of absence, etc.)
- New Hire Documents
- Employment Contract / Employment Agreement
- New Employee Orientation Process and Checklist
- Time Cards (Signatures)
- Annual Performance Review Form
- Release from Healthcare Provider to Return to Work (with or without modifications)
- New Workers’ Compensation Forms, Poster, Process
- OSHA Log
- Counseling / Performance Management Process/ Discipline Notice
- Resignation Form
- Exit Interview Process and Form
- Injury Illness Prevention Log (IIPP)
- Sick leave policy effective 7/1/15
- Creating bonus and commission plans
We make sure your HR practices and procedures meet all the requirements of these laws and more:
- Federal, state, and local discrimination laws, including California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act
- Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- California Family Rights Act
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Rehabilitation Act
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Equal Pay Act
- California WARN Act
- COBRA & Cal-COBRA
- Unemployment Claims Administration
- State Disability Claims Administration
Is your payroll and withholdings in compliance?
Check out Federal/California Wage & Tax Facts!
We believe that your handbook may be one of the most important tools you have in educating employees about critical company policies and ensuring 100% legal compliance in your business operations. From a simple review of a current handbook to a complete overhaul or ground zero creation, we offer fast, affordable, and efficient handbook services.
For more information, to get a price quote, or to get us started on your handbook send us an email.
Did you know starting July 1, 2015, reimbursements for individual health plan premiums will not be allowed? Read about it in the SDHR newsletter.
“Julie and her team constructed a comprehensive employee handbook for us that we handed out to our 100 staff in 3 states. She was great at guiding us through the process and considered both the needs of our business and our employees. Recently, Julie also successfully guided us through a sticky workers comp issue we had with a number of employees at our east coast location. She is always very knowledgeable and responds quickly to our HR issues.”
Eric Van Velzer
CFO, San Diego Sign Company, Inc.